Friday, February 5, 2010

NO Condemnation!

DAY 5 and Day 6!

Yesterday morning I didn't get out of bed until B woke up around 7:30. I just couldn't pull myself out. As I was thinking about what I DIDN'T do, I heard God repeating "there is no condemnation" over and over in my heart.

Found this on a commentary about condemnation and Romans 8:1:
"No condemnation (judgment)" (v.1). Not one bit of condemnation! Compare also John 3:18; 5:24 and 1 Cor. 11:32. The word "condemnation" literally means "judgment coming down (on someone)." God’s judgment is not going to come down upon me! Why not? See Romans 7:24; 8:2 -- I have been delivered and set free from the law of sin and death. If I were still under the law of sin and death then I would be under God’s condemnation (sin demands judgment, death and condemnation -- the penalty for sin must be paid!). But, praise God, Calvary took care of it all. God condemned His Son (Rom.8:3) so that I might never be condemned (Rom.8:1)! God’s judgment came down upon His only begotten Son so that His judgment would not need to come down upon me! I am not condemned; rather I AM JUSTIFIED! Keep in mind the teaching of the last part of Romans 5. IN ADAM I am condemned, but IN CHRIST I am justified.

This is not only our eternal condemnation, but we are free EVERY DAY to live our life abundantly and without the feeling of judgment on ourselves for every moment we fall short. Thank God for his amazing grace and patience as we journey along.

Many times we find ourselves in the same place...again! I slept in til 7:30 again this morning...only to be awakened by little B. I had a horrible night's sleep and Evie even crawled into bed with me and kept me awake for about an hour around 2:30. I needed sleep. But the lack of rising early didn't take away my deep desire to be with my Lord.

Praying each of you continues to seek our GREAT GOD and pursue him with your whole heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment