Tuesday, February 2, 2010

DAY 3

I am posting rather late today...been a long one. Had gymnastics this morning and one of my best friend's welcomed her sweet baby into the world (2 weeks early!!!) so I got to visit---ohh the sweetness of a newborn!

I meant to set my alarm this morning to be up at 6:30. But as I climbed into bed last night, I was too lazy to reach over my snoozing husband to do it. I did learn an important lesson-be prepared. Zach kissed me goodbye around 6:40 and I laid there hugging my pillow for a few more minutes.

I did manage to drag myself out of bed before 7 and spend some tender moments with the Lord (about 20 minutes). Then, I closed my eyes and quickly dozed back off in the living room, only to be awakened a couple of minutes later by little B, AKA "Rooster Boy".

I have committed to read through the bookmarks instead of using a devotion book. God's word is sooo relevant to our lives TODAY and God can speak weather we are reading in Numbers or Psalms! (thank you Terri Straughn for encouraging me in this!)

This morning as I read Psalm 16, each word took on a new meaning...such sweetness it is to KNOW our God! I challenge each of you to read through the bookmarks (I do them online. go to www.thefamilychurch.net and link to them at the bottom of the page.).

God is continuing to reveal moments in the bible when folks "rose early" to complete a task, prepare for their day, or simply be near to God. I really believe there is such blessing in doing so. For some, rising early may be a specific time...for others, like me, the best I have right now in my busy and exhausting life is simply to be awake 30 minutes before my kids wake up! We each have specific goals-just set one!

I am praying for EACH of you, that you will be steadfast, fall more in love with Jesus and KNOW him, really KNOW him during your time with him each morning.

who knows, I may learn to love being a rooster too!

No comments:

Post a Comment